Friday, February 25, 2011

tasty, tasty checkers

Stopped at Fred Meyer on my way home from work to buy something for dinner. Starving, I had to wait for the lady behind the deli counter to discuss the chicken salad with the lady in line ahead of me, and consequently bought waaaaaay too much food. Including bad donuts, of all things!! (note to self - theory about shopping while hungry = confirmed!) Waiting in line to check out, I realized I forgot to bring in a shopping bag. So I asked for a paper bag to carry my 6 items, one of which was hot chicken in a plastic bag. The checker, bless her little heart, almost did not allow me to put the chicken in the bag with my salad and donuts. It would "melt" the donuts, she said.  "Mmmmm! Warm salad! That sounds great!" said she.

Lady, if I wasn't about to eat your arm off right now, we would have words.  Instead of a witty/sarcastic comeback, all I can think of is how good you will taste with some hot mustard after you start shutting up!!

If you are checking people with dinner like supplies at 6:00, you should be more careful. We can't be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment