Sunday, April 21, 2013

30 Day Drawing Challenge - Day 10


Via The Dawnie Project

Drawing Challenge day 10 - Favorite Candy

Actually, I'm not a big fan of candy. I don't like stuff that sticks to my teeth, the artificial colors make me feel icky and something about candy always makes the inside of my mouth feel raw. Sometimes I buy candy at the British Connection and it's not so bad (the UK doesn't allow as many nasty things in their food as the FDA), but if I'm going for something sweet, I'll usually pick a cookie or some sort of pastry instead. I will eat Red Vines if they are around. I like gummy anythings - there were some really good gummies in Scotland! My Grandma always had the sugared orange wedge gummies in a dish at her house. 

My mom told me recently that in Grandma's house, the treats that were out in the dish were expected to last a very long time. She said that if she went to take a piece of candy out of the dish, she looked at her mother to make sure it was okay, and if she got The Look, she put it back. You would only take one piece of candy out of Grandma's dish. And now that I think about it, I think I only remember ever having one of those orange gummies, ever. 

I can't keep candy in a dish at my house because my son will devour everything in it before I ever get a chance to have some. I guess I'm a bit like Grandma that way. I'd like to have it around, but I would only want a piece once in a while, myself. It's no use to me if there's someone else around gobbling it up. So I don't really buy candy. 

But if there were some of these lying around today, I would have a very hard time resisting. Sweetarts are pretty good. The giant chewy Sweetarts? Oh Emm Gee. 



No comments:

Post a Comment