Saturday, April 27, 2013

30 Day Drawing Challenge - Day 15

Via The Dawnie Project

Day 15 - Family

I've had this picture floating around in my head for a while now. It started out as a tree of life image. Something rooted to the earth, well grounded. Strong. Steadfast. But it works as a family tree, too. The idea that no matter how the family dynamic changes, it's still family. After all the anger and hurt and distrust simmers down, it's still family.

My family assimilates people. Resistance is futile. Once you are in, you are in for life, so don't even try to back out. We just keep people around, for better or worse. I like that aspect of our family, knots and all.

This is a ink and paper drawing I did of my family tree/tree of life. Just the first sketch.




No comments:

Post a Comment