Wednesday, April 17, 2013

30 Day Drawing Challenge - Day Six


Via The Dawnie Project

Day Six - Favorite Book

Oh dear. I'm afraid I'm going to start looking like a cop out! But seriously, I cannot pick just one book. I'm actually thinking that I should have added a book to my "best friend" picture because books are like my friends. I really love them. In grade school, I remember cleaning off the shelves of Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume. Then all the Little House books. Then the Chronicles of Narnia. There was this one really great book I checked out again and again - i just found it recently and check it out for my son - it was about how the Roman's built their cities. The librarians must have thought I was trying to build my own city, for the number of times I checked that thing out! 

I will read just about anything. I like it all. One vacation to hawaii when I was 13, the house we rented had a shelf full of vintage (like 60's era) Harlequin Romance novels and I read every single one of them while lying on the beach, or next to the pool. They were horrible and they all had the same scheme and they were absolutely perfect for a vacation - you could easily finish one in a day. 

Some of my favorite books, in no particular order:

Outlander
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Red Tent
Jitterbug Perfume
Les Liaisons Dangereuses
Cannery Row
Gig
I'll read anything by Stephen King and I don't care how nutty he gets
The Hour I First Believed
The Color Purple
The Poisonwood Bible
Eat Pray Love

I could keep going. But you get the idea - there is no real theme there. I usually have more than one book going at a time. Right now I'm slogging through Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, which is really difficult for me to get through for some reason, The Game of Thrones, The Double E, and Writing Down the Bones. Plus I have at least 4 others that I haven't started yet. The reading list is never ending. I have a couple of books that I will read at least once a year, but there are so many new ones to read, I don't get around to re-reading very often.

It would be more accurate to say the Library is my favorite. 

Happy sketching!

No comments:

Post a Comment